Introducing Myself

 Introducing Myself 

Hello, my name is Adam McCooey. I'm 19 and I'm from Longwood in county Meath. I am now going into my second year of creative digital media in TU Dublin in Blanchardstown. As of writing this blog post i am really enjoying the course and modules. 

Before joining this course I was originally doing a business course in TU Dublin but after a month I knew that course wasn't for me. I heard from other people what the CDM course had to offer and i knew straight away that I would enjoy this course a lot more. 

I had always an interest in film, and video editing. I would have messed around in both premier pro and photoshop not having a clue what I was actually doing. I had also completed a PLC in Dunboyne college which would have shown me the basics the of video and sound editing as-well as the theory around it  also. So once we had gotten around to using photoshop for photography and premier pro for storytelling and narrative.



Hopefully in terms of work I would like to get into something to do with film or tv possibly editing or something along those lines. To be honest just gonna see how it goes.

Outside of college I have other interest and hobbies. To relax and to pass the time i really enjoy playing on either the playing on the PlayStation or the pc. At the moment i'm really enjoying Destiny and apex legends and I don't mind trying out other games as-well. 

I also really like to listen to music to pass the time or to focus myself as well. depending on what I would listen to loads of different types of music. Some of the artists that I would usually listen to would be xxxtentacion, Dave Joji, Travis Scott and the Weekend.


 

Comments

  1. Hey Adam, nice introduction post! I must say that it is very a nice post. I like the theme of your blog as well; it’s very aesthetically pleasing. I can’t say that I listen to the same music that you do. I can say that you have at least some good taste in music. It could be better lol. Keep working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam, Nice to meet you! I also did a Digital Media PLC in Dunboyne college, it gives you a good foundation in all of the Adobe programs. Listening to music in your spare time is a good way to unwind, I'm also a fan of Dave and Travis Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam, its great to see that you decided to change course and follow your dreams. Theme of your blog is class and especially the photoshop project you did last year is really cool! Keep going and cant wait to see what other magic you produce in the next coming years

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice introduction! Your photoshop skills are genuinely impressive. If first year was your time using photoshop I would be even more impressed. I also really like the photography you showed off. Really nice lighting and style of image. can't wait to see what more work you produce over the next 2-3 years of college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wassup Adam, Glad you knew within the start of year 1 that Business wasn't necessarily the path you wanted to go down. I can tell you have a strong point in regards to your photography/photoshop skills! Looking forward to seeing how you have come along from year 1. (very good music taste I must say so myself).

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOOO Part 2 your style is unmatched bro dem I dont know how you considered business that is -200iq I know for a fact that youre wearing supreme socks in that photo. We got that Concert From Snotty boy in march ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Adam ,
    Great blog man , switching from a business to a media course must have been so weird but at least you had the plc done which probably helped a lot. Destiny is such a good game , was playing it a lot during lockdown .Music taste is pretty good i also listen to all the artists you mentioned. Anyway , looking forward to seeing what work you make this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Adam,
    No way did you do a PLC course in Dunboyne??? Never heard you mention that before. All jokes aside that was a great introduction post, I also originally planned on doing a Business course but i backed out of it last second and decided to go with this one. Still not sure if it was a good idea or not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Adam, Good to hear you moved to CDM and seem happier. Seems to suit you a lot more with your interest in editing on Premiere Pro and Photoshop. It's funny that you can see now the 'proper' way to use them. Endless possibilities so will we ever know it all though. Nice blog post.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Adam

    Great introduction post. I also did a plc in Dunboyne and really enjoyed my time there. I'm also hoping to get a job in filmmaking after I finish this course. I wish you the best of luck with this course and hope you are able to get into filmmaking at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great introduction post Adam! I also dropped out of my last course only I wasn't as smart as you and instead of leaving after a month like I should have I wasted a year and a half on it. I love your photography pieces, you use the camera to create such creative imagery which is really cool. All the best for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts