First Playable Project

Project Week 8


As I continued on from the work that I had completed so far the next step was to add more c sharp code to the project. This code was to have it so as the player travelled along the path a certain amount of the path would spawn in front of them. After they would pass a certain point a set amount of the path would de-spawn behind them. This was done so the game would run smoothly and also appear as if the player is travelling along an endless path.

  Here is the C sharp script for the path to spawn in front of the player

Here is the code for the path to de-spawn after the player passes a certain point 

Whilst creating this code it did take me a fair amount of time due to spelling mistakes that I had made during the process which I need to look out for. I also had difficulties with the player model that I had uploaded so I decided to create all of the main functions for the game like obstacles and movement and then after to focus on the background and player model. 

Saying this I did add a texture to the path that I found that I think could fit the style of my game but I will have to see once I begin to bring other assets in.



 I still have quite a bit to do but I think I can get it done before the submission date. 



Comments

  1. Hey Adam

    This is looking well so far. I know you have a lot left to do but you'll definitely get there. I like the design you have in already and I like how your character looks even though it's just a simple design. I wish you the best of luck with your game and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey adam, liking the production of your game especially the textured floor and the character, dont worry youll get there on the finished product! can't wait to see your final game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam!
    Your game is looking really good so far, I love the texture on the floor, it looks really cool.
    Just take things little by little, it may seem like a lot but when you break it down it probably wont seem as much.
    I can't wait to see the final game when it is done, best of luck with the rest of it!
    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adam,
    Really cool vibe going on with your game at the minute, I really like where you're going with it! The texture you've applied to the ground is really cool and helps create a cool atmosphere around the player. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing the end game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts