Prototype

 Prototype


This week I began making my game. I began by making a new Unity project and started with a camera and natural light in the project. I first began by adding a path to the project as a temporary road. I put in figures along the x, y, and z figures to have a large distance and space to cover.

I then added a capsule that could be used as the player controlled item for the moment. I added color to it also so it was easier to see as it went along the path. I then placed the capsule at the start of the path. when i pressed play the capsule would go through the path so I added a rigid body so this wouldn't happen

Once this was all working i then began I began to create the c sharp scripts to make the capsule move, allow the player to control the direction it went in and  have the camera follow the capsule. This took me a lot more time than I would like to admit but in the end they worked effectively
Here is the camera c sharp code

Here is the Player Movement c sharp code.
Once i had all of that working I decided to change how the capsule looked. I looked online for a player model that related to the character i wanted and downloaded the file. It was quite easy to add the model to the capsule i simply made a child copy of the capsule copied over the scripts and functions and then switched the two of them around. I then deleted all the functions and scripts in the child and then turned off its graphics which left me with the new player model but still the dimensions of the capsule.


I know I still have a lot to do but at least it is a start. Some of this includes adding obstacles, a jump feature, the backgrounds, animation and music and effects to name a few. I have a feeling that I will run out of time to complete everything so I might have to remove certain features that I mentioned. I will also have to focus more time on this as well due to how time consuming this work is However I do think that the game will turn out well in the end.

   


Comments

  1. Hi Adam

    Its great to see that you've got the foundations for your prototype done I can already feel that this is going to be a great game with loads of potential. I love the character model you imported despite reading how you did that you'll have to show me that sometime. I read that you might have to remove some of your features if you run out of time but you're definitely on track to great success. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours and I can not wait to see more of what you'll produce in the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts