Alpha

 Alpha

(This is what the player see when they start the game)

As of writing this post I have most of the main components that I want in my game. There is still a couple of small things I need to add and also fix. Some of the items that still need to be included is adding music, sound effects when the player jumps and hits a game over and I also need to add a start and restart screen for the game. One last thing that needs to be added is some tweaks to the spawn manager which will then allow for different objects to be spawned and in random locations also. As of now I have one obstacle that spawns in the same position, which I feel makes the game to easy for the player at the moment.

(The obstacle I have set in the game at the moment)

(The player in the air once I add the run animation)

In terms of things that need to be fixed are the running animations and the area that the player is able to move across. With the animations when I add the run animation for some reason the player would start on the ground but as I hit play he floats in the air while doing the animation and I am not sure why. However it shows that the player is actually still on the ground but the model itself raises above the ground which I need to fix.


(The background of the city that the player runs through)

The thing that I feel is going to be the most time consuming for me is fixing the run animation and if I have time adding a jump and Death animation as well. I do think that I'm meeting most of my targets that I had set for myself but I think I was also a bit over ambitious with all of the mechanics I wanted to include like the enemy's that spawn along the path for the player to take out.


Comments

  1. hey adam, your game is looking really good so far , the world you have created looks really cool . I love the city background you went for , and the lighting looks sick on that obstacle image. The start and restart screens are fairly simple to do so shouldn't take that long to make . I've got no idea about animations as my game doesn't have them but they sound quite complicated , hope u get them sorted out on time. can't wait to see the final game and have a go at playing it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts