Unity tutorial 10

 UNITY TUTORIAL 10



For this weeks unity tutorial I was coming to near the end of finishing up my game. There were still a couple of things I need to add and fix in the game before it is fully finished. I need to add a start menu to the game so when the player opens the game there not thrown into the actual game straight away. I also need to try and fix the problem I'm having with the run animation. Where after I add the animation to the player once I hit run he runs in the air rather than on the ground. 

I first went with adding a start menu to the game. I found a tutorial on YouTube by Brackys which was quite helpful and easy to follow. I tried to fit the color scheme and background with the style I was going for in the game. I created the start screen by making a new scene and then adding the text and image behind on a panel. Once the panel had all the text and imagery I went into my build settings and placed the menu and the game itself in the build order. So when you open the game it starts at the menu then goes to the game.



When I was trying to fix the animation I decided to delete the player model I already had in place for my game. I then went back to mixamo which is the website that I got the animations and player models from. Instead of just downloading the animation and player model separately this time I downloaded them together to see if that would make a difference. I then copy and pasted all of the components to the new player model and after a bit of messing around I got the animation to work properly.



  

Comments

Popular Posts