Unity Tutorial 9

Unity Tutorial 9


 
During this week I've had a couple of bumps along the way while making my game, From stuff not working for me and then being told by unity to go into safe mode while trying to open my game or it could break everything apart from that things have been going good.

I decided to start my game from the beginning again but rather than starting with just the base objects for the player and the game world I decided to bring all of my assets in to start with. I began by importing a city asset from the unity store which I thought would match the style of game I was going for. Here is what I found.


I was also looking at other assets to use for obstacles for the player to jump over and dodge, I had also looked at trying to use a different sky box which would have change the lighting around for me a bit to make the buildings fit the style more.
 


I'm really happy with these two assets that I decided to use. The road props pack works really well with the city setting that I have and it gives me a wide range of choice in obstacles that I could use to have the player avoid from metal fences to bollards and tire stacks. For the skybox I followed a tutorial I found on YouTube to do so. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW_T3ZDcBc
 

For the adding the actual game mechanics I followed the unity tutorials we had done in the previous weeks. It took me a while to catch up to where I was but I am happy with the way that things are going for me so far I have a feeling though I will be starting to stress now in the next 2 weeks 


.   







Comments

  1. Hey Adam, when you told me about how you had to restart your game from the beginning again I felt your pain...BUT your scene looks incredible now! I think what your doing by getting all the objects and setting up your games scene is probably the best thing to do as then you can see exactly what you want to move or change etc. I am loving the galaxy skybox in your game, really can change a game completely. Fair play on getting this far with having to restart it from scratch again. Best of luck for your game making and keep up the hard work man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mans really restarted his game and made something that looks like it spent weeks to make holy moly this looks amazing my man!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts