Week 9 reading and writing

Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking Back:

In terms of the reading and writing  work over the past couple of weeks I have found most of the articles quite useful and some more than others quite interesting also. I can see how as the weeks went on parts of the text we were given related back to the stage that we were at while making are own game in unity. Like in week two we are starting to understand what work needed to be done during each week and the reading task related back to this in the form of looking at text relating to time management. One of the reading weeks I found quite interesting was the week we were tasked with making a game GDD. I thought this was a good example of the text relating back to our own game creation. The text featured a video going through what exactly a GDD is and what type of content we should include in it which I found quite helpful. Another piece of the text went into detail why game designers create GDD's and how it helps during game development it helped me realize I wasn't typing out a large piece of text just for the sake of it.

For most of the time I've been happy with the work I have done on my unity project. I'm not going to lie and say that it has all been clear sailing I had a couple of bumps along the way but for the majority of it I have enjoyed it. I think that my biggest accomplishment while making this game has been that I have the base mechanics there and that they work the way they are supposed too.  

Favorite Image(s):


For my favorite image from one of of my blog posts id say it would have to be when we described our favorite game from the beginning of the year. That game being being Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar games. I'm gonna say the two images because there from the same blog post and relate to each other, and also because I cant decide between the two of them. Also might be an unpopular opinion but I think that red dead redemption is a better franchise than grand theft auto. In terms of story and narrative at least, the story in both those games combine together and is one hundred times better than the story and narrative in the grand theft auto games. Just saying. If you disagree with that, that's something you could comment on.   

Looking Forward:

I think in terms of what I need to improve on in the future could be to spend more time looking at the readings or looking over them a couple more times I think that if I could work on analyzing the pieces of text a bit better especially the academic pieces of text. I really do not enjoy those but if I went and tried to improve the way that I'm reading, the academic pieces especially I fell that I can benefit a lot more from them.  

Comments

Popular Posts