Tutorial 02

 Unity Tutorial 02

For this weeks tutorial I continued on with the next section of the 2d game tutorial named ruby's adventure. Last week the main background of the world and the character ruby was added to the game with basic movement.

This week the tutorial showed us how to fill up the background a lot more by adding more game objects to the world like crates trees and houses. We also had to to turn these game objects into prefabs so in the future it will be a lot easier to just drag and drop the objects into the game without having to tweak certain settings and to change values. 

In the second section of this tutorial we then had add a collider to ruby so she is not able to basically walk through all of the game objects that we had placed in the world. We also had to add colliders to the game objects themselves for this to work. After tweaking the collider size of the objects and ruby we also had to add a collider to certain sections of the world also so the character is not able to walk on water.

So far I am enjoying this tutorial and when I am creating my own 2d game I have a strong feeling that I will be going back and looking at certain sections of this tutorial. As I said last week the way that this tutorial is structured makes it a lot easier to navigate compared to the videos last semester.

Comments

Popular Posts