Unity Tutorial One

 Unity Tutorial One 

For this semester we were tasked with creating another game in unity. However this time we have a choice on how we would like to go about it. We were given three directions to go about this. The first being creating a 2d style game of our own. Creating a virtual reality style game that does not  require a headset or to participate in a game jam during a set weekend around week 6 or 7.

I decided to go with the 2d game design. I chose this because its the one that interests me the most out of the three and I think I have a couple ideas for the game already. Also with the time thats required on one weekend for the game jam I don’t t think i would be available for it to be honest. 

For the 2d tutorial we followed a step by step one from the unity website like we did last semester. This first chunk of tutorial’s was showing how to import a sprite, add movement to the character and to also create a tile map to essentially create the background and world for the character or characters. 

I slightly preferred the way that this tutorial was shown compared to the way it was explained last semester. Last semester it was shown through a step by step video tutorial but this semester the tutorial is shown through a step by step basis but rather through video it is shown through text with small video gifs being played. I thinks this is a more effective way of doing the tutorials because if I get stuck on a section I can go back to the exact step rather than trying find the step that i'm looking for in a 10-15 minute video. It also allows me to work at my own speed which I really like.

Comments

Popular Posts